Programme: Still Life Painting Workshop
Date: 22 July 2017
Programme Fee: 400TL (VAT Inc.)
Time: 10:00-16:00(5 Hours)
Final Payment Date: 20 July 2017
Venue: Bomontiada/ATÖLYE İSTANBUL
Target Group: Anyone can join
20% discount is available for Fiba Holding and Ozyegin University members.
Contents – Exploring the importance of colour, mark-making, form, composition, chiaruscuro, tone, drawing and the use of space in the Art of painting a still life in acrylics.
The course aims to introduce to the learner a broad spectrum of fine artist’s material’s and practices. Enabling the learner at the completion of the course to be able to express themselves and their ideas visually in a variety of mediums and method’s.
- Understand the basic principles and practices involved in the art of still life
- Have a basic awareness and an appreciation of the history of Art and its importance.
- Understand the basic principles and practices of mixing colours.
- Understand the basic principles of colour theory and colour temperature.
- Understand the basic principles of chiaroscuro, tone,
- line and mark-making in painting.
- Understand the importance and have a basic understanding of forms in space.
- Understand the importance of mark-making in painting.
- Have developed their creative skills and mean’s of visualizing their ideas.
- Have developed their powers of independent thinking, self-discipline and motivation.
Art Materials Needed (Participants are to bring their own painting materials)
1. The following tubes of acrylic paints (eg. following 200ml tube colours – titanium white, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow, cadmium red, venetian red, emerald green , ultramarine, alizarin crimson or violet, burnt umber, raw umber)
2. Various flat, round and filbert brushes for acrylic painting ( sizes 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) we will use mostly large flat brushes in our projects – palette knife for mixing acrylics and an artist’s acrylic disposable palette- container for water – apron or old shirt for protection – portable travel easel – wet wipes – charcoal sticks – portable stool.
3. Stretched canvas (minimum size 50 x 30 cm – maximum size 60 x 40 cm.).